2002 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu:

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 132008

Malibu L V6

Took my car to my local repairman and he couldn't fix this. It works in that it locks when engine is on and you start driving and it unlocks when you turn off the key. But It doesn't work from inside the car. No doors can be locked using the auto lock feature on the driver's side nor can they be unlocked. Also if you hit the lock button on the passenger side when you out of the car, it unlocks instead. It does work with the auto control with the key. I feel this is a safety issue in that if I was in the car and felt unsafe, I could not lock the car from the inside unless I pressed the button on the automatic control device with the key. I'm going to check with the dealership and see if they also were on a recall.

- , North Ridgeville, OH, USA