2002 Chevrolet Malibu electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu:

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 162006

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu. The turn signals/emergency flashers have been working intermittently. Your web site carries a NHTSA action number PE05055 related to 2002 Malibu's but when I called reliable Chevrolet in albuquerque nm to schedule to get my replacement switch, I was told it does not apply to my vehicle. I do not understand why.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Apr 052005

Malibu 6-cyl

The radio sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. after 7 trips, it was determined the problem was the amplifier. The radio worked for about a year and now is doing the same thing again. Also, the turn signals work when they feel like it. I had the dealer check and they said I needed a new switch. I did not get one as yet, but see where other owners are having the same issue. I have not received a recall, nor did the dealer inform me of the issue. I initially had trouble with the outside mirrors but they did remedy that. I get shocked (electrically) many times when I exit the car as do some of my passengers.

- Frostproof, FL, USA