2002 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu:

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Feb 112010

Malibu LX 3.2L

first of all this is my first car only had it for 2 weeks and the engine light come on the dealer said they will fix it the light was off for two week and came right back on and now my auto theft light keep coming on too i wish i just brought a new car from the started am pissed am tried of the 10 min deal something got to give help me please

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Mar 212007

Malibu V6

Okay - so I just had the oil in the coolant system problem fixed, AND another control panel replaced because the recirculate air button air does freaky stupid things - that ONLY cost me $3000 - NOW the Service Engine Soon light comes on and stays on until I turn the vehicle off. Then I can go a few days and it is fine, and then it pops on again. Anyone know why?? My mechanic wants to replace the starter even though it starts okay, etc, for $300. sigh - I hate this car.... Oh and they reset the computer for me when I had to put it in to have the fuel pressure regulator valve replaced because it was spewing fuel all over my engine.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA