2002 Chevrolet Malibu lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Malibu:

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 062007

Malibu V6

Sometimes when I turn on the blinker nothing happens. Sometimes the blinker works. Sometimes it makes a crazy screeching noise. Sometimes it decides to blink REALLY fast.

So to get the blinkers to work when they are malfunctioning, I have to very lightly press the hazard lights button. Works every time, but it can be hard to do while driving.

- , Cedar, UT, USA

Mar 162007

Malibu V6

ok so we were in Van City and i'm on a single lane road trying to turn left but there was a lot of traffic. my left blinker stopped working suddenly and now i'm getting honked from behind and yelled at by pedestrians. In a panic I forced my turn and was gonna do a U -turn to go back home as i was not far. There was a bus that almost T-boned me because my blinker was not on and he assumed as would anyone that i wasn't turning...Yea there are other stories too about not having a blinker but this one was the scariest...The dealer replaced it once because of a recall but they replaced it with another piece of crap ... anyways, what we do now is, if the signals stop working, we fidget with the hazard button a bit, pressing it on and off, and suddenly it starts working again...sometimes it's a biotch though....

- , Edmonton, AB, Canada

May 072008

Malibu LX

I have a 2002 Malibu. The turn signals and flashers do not turn off. Brought the car to the dealer and had the flasher unit replaced under the service letter. When I left the lot, I immediately saw that this did NOT correct the problem. However, now the dealer wants me to pay for a diagnostic. GM tells me that the car is no longer under warenty and that there is nothing that they can do until I get and pay for the diagnosis. A review of some internet posts indicates that this is very common and the the fix involves replacing the multi-function switch (over $300 in parts and labor). Wonderful! GM cons the NHTSA into dropping the recall investigation by offering a free fix but the fix does nothing.

- , Severn, MD, USA