1.6

2004 Chevrolet Malibu drivetrain problems

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Sep 082010

Malibu

I had driven the car a mile from home, and while sitting at a stop light the car alert sound happened, I looked down at the radio, and the display read "power steering". I turned into the next business parking lot, and had a great deal of difficulty cranking the wheel to turn the car. I decided to return home with great difficulty. I turned the car off, enlisted some help to take the car to the dealership, and when I started the car, the power steering worked properly again. The dealership ran a diagnostic and determined that the steering column needs replacing. Car will be repaired when part comes into dealership - on backorder.

- Clawson, MI, USA