2004 Chevrolet Malibu wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 272014

Airbag light continues to come on. I've had this car since 1/31/2014.used. No accidents. Power steering went out. Took to GMC for recall. 2/2014 claimed it was fixed. 11/2014 steering wheel hard to the tires won't turn to the right. Loud clonking noise when I turn the steering. Tires won't turn..near accident. Had car since 1/2014.took for recalls 2/2014 7/2014 transmission died. 1000+ in repairs. This car is a safety hazard and I am still paying for this car. Something needs to be done so that I don't have to continue to come out of pocket and waste my money.

- East Saint Louis, IL, USA

Aug 012012

Since 2012 I have nothing but problems with my Malibu. Power steering going out causing the whole front end to become unstable, causing the car to pull the left and the right. Hard to keep it centered; causing busted belts in tires, bad brakes, torn up rotors. Fuel gage not working properly, traction control on break censor going off and on. Ignition switch not working properly, I have received 4 recall notices so far and I know there are more to be had. But no dealer ship seems to have any parts to fix this car. This car is a death trap. I feel as though every time I strap my self into my car, I am setting myself up to be hurt or killed. I need to get this car fixed. If not I need someone to get me new one.

- Huntington, IN, USA

Jul 182014

• 1,530,000 miles
With the shaking steering wheel and the power steering going in and out my front tires where feeling out of balance so I pulling into wal-mart and had them look at it. Both of my front tires had busted belts in them and my breaks were pretty much gone and the rotors were torn up. The alignment was way off causing the car to not steer. I was told all this is because of the power steering going out. This car is not safe to drive, however its my only means of transportation and with so many of these problems I have no money to have he problems fixed. Something needs to be done. There are so many others with the same problem.

- Huntington, IN, USA

Sep 212013

Malibu 6-cyl

When starting the car the ignition gets stuck, there is a recall on other models but not the 2004 Malibu, and also the right rear tire rod has part that has come loose, took to tire shop and showed where the part will have to be welded back to the rod. Currently have recall on steering for 2004 Malibu 14116.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Aug 012013

Malibu 6-cyl

I got in my car and tried to crank it and it made a clicking noise. It took hours before it started, on another incident; several times I couldn't shift my car from park. My power steering light came on and when I was coming to a stop at a light the car list control serving left to right until I came to a complete stop. I always have to gas the car to get gas to the engine for the car to start. When I took it to the dealer he said that it was a recall problem and he's had several customers with my car come to him with the same problem. When I looked up the recall I noticed that my car was having the same issues as reported.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 262013

While driving went to put on the brakes and the driver seat made a loud thump and shifted forward to the right I had to grip the steering wheel and pull over because the seat was leaning forward to the right and made it hard for me to drive. I got out and the bar under the seat that guides the seat was broken had to manuever it to drive after puttting a block of wood under it to stabalize the seat so I could drive. Had new tires, lugs and nuts put on car in June along with entire suspension system fornt and back and wheel alignment and on two occasions my lugs had to be changed due to breakage or lugs coming unscrewed and dropping off on front driverside and back passenger had car checked and there appears to several mechanic shops nothing visibly wrong but this is a sure safety hazard.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA