2006 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu:

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 092013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving my vehicle on the freeway in lunch hour traffic. As I exited the freeway to change to a connecting freeway, the engine shut off half way along the exchange ramp. At that point I noticed that I had poor breakage and no power steering. Lucky, I was able to coast over and stop in the emergency lane mid ramp, put the car in park, restart the vehicle, and drive off without indecent. It was unsettling to say the least.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Jan 232013

Malibu 4-cyl

I was driving at about 55 mph and my car stalled and the loss power came on. I was able to restart and took my car to a local car repair business. They put in a 3 part fuel system kit/acd12568796 throttle body assembly ele and the bill came to $654.92. The mileage at that time was 153101. I purchased my car from an individual. When I purchased the car April 2013 I knew the gas gauge didn't work but I thought that's ok I'll just keep the tank filled up at all time. But I've been having trouble when it is in idle position. It acts like it is going to stop on me. I've asked the car repair business and they told me it was the fuel pump and I would have to have it replaced which would cost me $700. Also I had the calipers replaced at on 10/5/12 with a mileage of 147005 which cost me $531.92. It's always something.

- Batavia, OH, USA

Jun 282012

Malibu 6-cyl

While driving vehicle I was being followed by my daughter who thought I was riding my brakes. It turns out that the brake lights are going off when the brakes are applied and coming on when brakes are released. This also affects the cruise control as it will not work when the brake lights come on. This is a very dangerous issue. People driving behind me don't know if I'm stopping or not! there are countless numbers of people with this same problem and the dealerships don't have the answer to fix it. This should be a recall if there ever was one!

- Fayette, AL, USA

Apr 092011

Malibu 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated the odometer failed. While driving 39 mph the mileage increased from 76,000 to 107,700. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated they would run a diagnostic test but the contact does not want to pay the repair cost of $112. The vehicle also suddenly accelerated while driving. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 123,700. The consumer stated there was also a fuel system problem. Updated 06/14/11

- Norwalk, CT, USA