3.5

2006 Chevrolet Malibu wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu:

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 012013

Malibu

The car stalls when I go from a complete stop into fast-moving traffic. The lug nuts on the wheel covers do not stay securely fastened. I have increasing problems with my power steering function. It would randomly fail and then correct itself initially. Sometimes it would go out when I backed up and then come back when I was in drive. Sometimes it would go out for 5-10 minutes and then come back. Sometimes it would be out for a day or two and then come back. Therefore, I brought it in to the Chevrolet dealership for repair. A few months afterwards, it began to go out again, but just for a moment at a time. This seemed to subside. However, this began happening again from time to time when I would merge onto the freeway. When I accelerate, the power steering goes out completely, the car yanks very hard to the right, and the lights and information display all blink repeatedly. This now happens each time I accelerate to either merge onto the freeway, go into passing gear to get around traffic, climb a hill, or simply quickly speed up on the road. I have brought the car back to the Chevrolet dealership citing this problem, especially since I have just had the problem fixed recently. For all of these, I was told that there is no problem and no recalls for my car make and model. I do not have the option of driving another car or affording a newer one. This is a continually dangerous situation. I am fearful that these defects will cause me and my family harm. When the power steering suddenly went out and the car yanked hard to the right just last night as I went over a raised bridge, I was afraid that I would hit the guard wall and perhaps even go over it. I have had to swerve to avoid being hit from behind because the car stalled as I got into traffic. I do not know if my wheel is loose or if the wheel cover is going to come loose while I drive.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 022007

Malibu

On three different occasions I have had to have the original rims replaced or straightened after normal use. The repair shop informed me that the rims had most likely been bent from hitting a pothole or railroad tracks. No excessive speed or hazardous road conditions, or off road conditions have been experienced by the vehicle. Yet, during normal wear and usage the original rims on the vehicle easily bend causing the car to shake and the tires to wear unevenly.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Jan 102013

Malibu

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu, first incident was probably Jan 2013 I filled gas tank and instantly the gauge goes to empty and engine light comes on, then gauge goes from full to empty for up to 3 days, then it goes back to normal. Now I have a problem with the steering pulling me from left to right, sometimes very suddenly. Had the alignment done and new tires still have the same problem. Getting scary to drive. Cant figure out what problem is will have to take to dealership.

- Chandlersville, OH, USA

Mar 012009

Malibu

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu. Whenever the contact makes a right turn in the vehicle, the wheels lock up. She also heard a knocking sound coming from the steering wheel. In order to turn, the vehicle must be traveling at least 14 mph. The contact discovered online that several vehicles were experiencing the same issue. Each mechanic that the contact has taken the vehicle to could not correct the failure. She feels that Chevrolet should repair the vehicle due to the safety issue. The current mileage was 80,000 and failure mileage was 60,000.

- Nicoma Park, OK, USA