2.8

hardy worth mentioning

2008 Chevrolet Malibu body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu:

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Oct 042012

Malibu 4-cyl

Sun roof on passenger door leaking water after it rain. I was told that right side drain was stopped up. On April 12 the sun roof was leaking again. I think it is a defect and need a recall. I have had cars with sun roof before and never had a problem. It is my understanding that I am not the only one with a Malibu having this issue. The service manager at the car dealership told me he has a Malibu and is also having this problem. Of course it is not costing him $100 every six months because he knows how to fix it. If this is happening every 6 months, there is something wrong with the product. I spoke with GM customer service but I didn't get any help. I was told because they have not been ordered to recall there was nothing they could do.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Jan 102011

Malibu

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the power locks failed on the front driver and passenger side as well as the rear driver side. The failure recurred numerous times. The front driver side door was repaired previously by an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was notified but offered no assistance. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 70,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Nov 172011

Malibu

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the front passenger's side door could not be opened. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but they could not diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 24,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 162012

Malibu

The door locks do not work. How is this not a safety problem? sometimes the door locks work sometimes they don't. I have a newborn that rides in the backseat. If the doorlocks don't work, the only way to unlock the back door is to either roll down the rear window or crawl into the back seat from the front. If I had to get my child out of the car in an emergency, I don't know how I would do that without working door locks. I have researched this problem online and it appears this is a common problem with this car.

- Raceland, LA, USA

Jan 192011

Malibu 4-cyl

Both back door locks stopped working. They will not unlock or lock without manually doing so. This makes it very hard to quickly get my toddler son out of the car without rolling the window down first to unlock it. Cruise control works on and off due to the break lights flashing off and on even when I'm not pushing the break pedal. This is very dangerous when I am driving on the free way and my break lights stay on. This also occurs more often when it has rained and the car is wet. I assume this is due to a leak of water getting into the electrical... my trunk leaks when it is shut. When it rains heavy I notice the bedding becomes very wet on one side. The radio is also effected along with the cruise control. Certain buttons stop working for periods of time. The screen will also go black and the radio will not work at all then suddenly come back on.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jun 162011

Malibu

Driver door does not unlock with remote all the time or lock with remote all the time. Also the computer that gives you oil life, average speed, and other readings is giving the wrong readings. I took this car to a dealer while still under warranty and they said it could not be verified.the door lock is an intermittant problem.

- Roselle Park, NJ, USA

Feb 022011

Malibu

The power steering in the vehicle jumps from left to right going down the road. It is very hard to maintain your lane when this happens. It happens at all different points whether the car has been running or just started, it can last up to 30 min. Quit then start again it is very unsafe. My catalytic converter has also gone out in this car. It looses transmission power, doesn't accelerate promptly. When we first got the car we had it in the shop for the back trim leaking, trunk release not working, the car wouldn't start do to the aftermarket alarm the dealer ship placed on it, and the paint peeled. No I am having major issues and it is out of warranty. I will never buy another Chevy. This was the worst mistake ever and those car is unsafe to drive.

- Euharlee, GA, USA