2010 Chevrolet Malibu suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

May 162016

I had to have over $2500 worth of work done to my car, which had something to do with some torque sensor and other parts - I see that there was a recall on other Chevy Malibu's in previous model years. I am wondering how long this recall will take, my year is 2010 and not currently on the recall list. Prior to that, I had just paid $2000 for other work needed on this vehicle that was out of warranty. I've had so many issues w/this car. I have receipts but they are currently in storage - I am unable to upload them right now.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Sep 042010

Malibu 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the steering wheel was extremely rough to turn. Additionally, the air bag warning light would illuminate intermittently and the battery continued to drain prematurely. The contact also stated that the rear suspension was unstable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times but the dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The contact was traveling on the highway when the rear suspension failure recurred and the vehicle swayed violently toward the driver's side of the vehicle. The steering wheel seized and as the contact applied force to the steering wheel, the steering wheel seized and the contact crashed into a tree. The air bags only partially deployed. The driver sustained severe injuries and the jaws of life were used to remove an injured passenger from the vehicle. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V460000 (power train). The contact received the recall notification after the crash occurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failures several times but to no avail. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000. Updated 3/3/15

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Sep 132012

Malibu 4-cyl

The rack and pinion on drivers side end rattles at slow speed. I have tried 3 different brand front brakes and all have squeaked, the transmission cooler line started leaking.the car has 69,000 on it as of now 1/26/2013. Dealer want fix any of the problem under the drive train warranty. Also has cold start engine knock.

- Sparta, TN, USA

Sep 182010

Malibu 6-cyl

I purchased this car with 14,444 miles after 500 miles I took the car to the dealership. This car was taken back to Chevy and they could not find the problems after 7 tries. I than took the car to the Chrysler dealership and all they did was set in the car and found out that my rack-N-opinion was bad. This was replaced but, the hub bearings had to be replaced also at another dealership, I am having whining noise when I turn and also the car is wearing out tires. There has been 3 tires replaced on this car with 1 year. No one wants to fix my car or replace it. This car is not safe for me or other drivers on the road. If I could afford to buy another car, I would. L am so disappointed with GM products. This is my 4 car with GM and I am never going to buy another car. I am not the only customer that is having problems with the 2010 Malibu.

- Port Lavaca, TX, USA

Mar 222012

Upon accelerating from a parking lot to the road I heard a loud bang from the rear of the car. I stopped to do a visual inspection as it sounded like it came from the rear suspension. I continued a mile down the road while slowing for a stop sign I heard another noise from the same area and heard a metal object bounce under the car and down the road. I recovered a piece of a broken spring that had come from my right rear suspension. I went directly to the Chevy dealer and they confirmed the failure.

- Chittenango, NY, USA