2011 Chevrolet Malibu accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu:

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jan 292016

Malibu

While driving the car on the highway, I felt that the seat was loose on the right side and was moving. When I stopped the car and exited, I felt the seat move away from the right side.

- Patchogue, NY, USA

Dec 072015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the subframe for the front driver side seat fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be inspected for the failure. The contact was informed that the seat's subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 71,600.

- Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Jul 012015

Malibu

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that the front driver seat anchor mounting bracket was detached, which prevented the contact from driving safely and legally. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V269000(seat belts) and stated that the parts were unavailable. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available to service the vehicle under the recall. The manufacturer stated that they would notify the contact on a later date for assistance. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Jun 162015

Malibu

I was adjusting the seat and the metal broke. It ripped my pants and caused me to swirve.

- Clinton, MD, USA

Feb 092015

Malibu 4-cyl

The driver front seat frame is broke. Upon inspection by myself, it's a weld failure (a manufacturing defect). A Chevrolet dealership confirmed it's broke and the verbiage they used was "seat riser cracking free". in use, the seat belt attaches to the seat, and if the seat frame is broke and not properly fastened to the frame/body in my mind this is a failed occupant restraint system. I'm a little surprised General Motors didn't take me seriously about repairing this immediately as I'm thinking they are liable if anything were to happen. There was no accident that caused this as we just noticed it while in use.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Aug 112014

Malibu 4-cyl

The weld on my seat track broke. I work at a dealership and they said that it is not suppose to break. My seat is completely off the seat track on my driver's right part of the seat.

- Baldwin, FL, USA

Mar 132014

Malibu 6-cyl

After having repairs made at the dealership for drivers seat heater not working. The driver seat heater element was replaced, I had driven approximately 20 miles when the seat started smoking and caught fire. By the time I got the car stopped and pulled to the side of the road the inside of the car was filled with smoke and the drivers seat was completely on fire. With the help of another motorist I was able to get out of the car. I received severe burns to my right leg and hands. By the time the fire department arrived the car was a total loss.

- Cleveland, VA, USA

Jul 122013

Malibu

The manufacturer forgot to install a clamp on the moon roof drain. The tube fell off and flooded the interior of the car with 3 inches of standing water on July 12, 2013. The entire passenger side including ceiling, dash (in front and behind), seats, flooring, and electrical components have water damage. It then happened again on July 14, 2013. Contact was made to the dealer on July 16, 2013. After numerous, meaningless phone conversations with Chevrolet, they would only replace some cosmetic parts. Only the flooring was replaced at first. After more complaints, the seat covers and head liner were replaced, but not the factory carpeted floor mats. They refused to replace or inspect anything else that water came in contact with including electrical components, seat cushions, safety restraints, wiring harnesses, or airbag system behind the dash. Our 10 year old son had a kidney transplant two years ago and has a suppressed immune system. Due to this, he cannot be around mold which Chevrolet is refusing to test for. Being that only 50% or less of the components have been replaced, we are concerned of the presence of mold. Our physician has requested that the car be tested and signed off that no mold is present before our son can ride in the car again. Our son's health depends on having a safe, clean car to be transported in. Chevrolet has no concerns for his safety or life threatening issues. Unknown electrical safety components may or may not have been compromised with this much water or moisture in the vehicle. These parts were not checked, tested or replaced.

- Duluth, MN, USA

Jan 242011

Malibu 4-cyl

Vehicle at highway speeds of 65 - 75 mph will experience a vibration that can be felt in the seats and in the steering wheel. Vibration will not go away and will worsen after a wheel balancing. Manufacturer has stated that the vibration is inherent in the vehicles design and they will not repair the vehicle. The vibration causes premature tire where that could lead to possible tire failure.

- Wickliffe, OH, USA

Jun 082011

Malibu

This is a general complaint: Modern vehicles all seem to have extremely uncomfortable headrests. I cannot get comfortable in most new cars! the headrests push too far forward. I am 6'1" and prefer an upright seating position. I am beginning to despair about finding a comfortable car for long drives and it is very discouraging. You are probably going to tell me its all in the name of safety (whiplash) but what's the point if you can't stand being in the car more than 20 minutes? headrests need to be adjustable angle like my 07 VW gti (which has absolutely perfect seating). If all I can buy now is these stupid forward tilting headrests I am going to put the darn thing in a vise and bend it backwards! that's not going to help safety, but at least I'll be able to walk upright when I get out from a 5 hour drive. My latest encounter with these stupid headrests was in a rented Chevy Malibu. But I've also found the same problem in recent Ford (mustang absolutely awful), and for that matter in practically everything manufactured since 2008. Please help restore some common sense to the industry or else I'll be walking to work or I'll just rip the stupid things out of the seat.

- Odessa, FL, USA