2011 Chevrolet Malibu body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu:

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 152011

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. While the vehicle was parked, the contact noticed that the area where the front driver side seat was welded had fractured. As a result, the seat failed to remain in position. In addition, while making a left turn at various speeds, the steering wheel steered to the left in excess and there was an abnormal noise coming from the steering wheel. The ESC warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Homer, MI, USA

Feb 012016

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while driving at 5 mph, the vehicle made a loud squealing noise coming from the exterior body of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to be repaired but the dealer could not replicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Dec 092015

Front drivers side door on 2011 Malibu would not open when shut. The door was unlocked but would not open when I parked.I tried locking and unlocking the vehicle and it still would not open. I was stuck in the vehicle and I began pressing lock and unlock on the key fob several times until I heard a popping noise and the door was finally able to be opened. All other doors were locking/unlocking and were able to be opened properly. The vehicle has been doing this for about a week now and it happens intermittently everyday. I dropped it off at the dealership and am awaiting further information. This would be very dangerous during an accident/vehicle fire as you would be trapped in the vehicle.

- La Crosse, WI, USA

May 252015

Driver's door will not close and latch properly or unlock/unlatch to open. This has started occurring frequently. There are many complaints regarding door latch mechanism failures that dealers are more than willing to fix for hundreds of dollars. I feel this is a safety issue, as each time the car is started, it is a gamble, as to whether the door will latch, or unlatch, properly, as needed. If this vehicle is involved in an accident, I am not confident that the door will open, even if it is an undamaged one, due to the failing lock/latch mechanism. I am replacing this at my cost but feel that the manufacturer bears responsibility for faulty parts/design. Thankfully, no one in my family has been injured, yet. I fear that this could be an issue during times of great stress that can and will lead to fatalities, if left unaddressed.

- Howell, MI, USA

Mar 232015

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that while reversing out of a parking space at an unknown speed, the piece of plastic detached from the middle console and covered the accelerator pedal causing the vehicle to accelerate without warning. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The contact was made aware that the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Beaver Dam, WI, USA

Nov 232013

I was going onto a exit an hit a guardrail on the drivers side, the car spun and I ended up sideways. The airbag deployed but did not inflate. I sustained broken ribs, a facial hematoma and multiple contusions. I was wearing my seatbelt at the time of the accident.

- Carmel, IN, USA

Jun 222013

Malibu 4-cyl

On 6/22/13 at approx 1:40pm I was heading back to work from my lunch break and I was going through the intersection on my green light at approx 30mph when a big Chevy truck blew through the red light going approx 40 mph. I ended up T boning the cab of his truck. Causing me to do a 360. Tore off the bumper completely. My airbags did not deploy and onstar did not call me. Two important safety features of my car failed me! I thank god I am alive with no serious injuries! everyone who saw my car including the body shop are in complete shock of my air bags not deploying! I really would like to know the cause!

- Vista, CA, USA