2011 Chevrolet Malibu transmission problems: transmission slipping

Transmission Slipping

2011 Chevrolet Malibu

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

9.0

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
  2. replace vehicle (1 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Malibu transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu:

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Malibu LS1 2.4L

I purchased this 2011 Malibu in mid July. I have a total of 4879 miles on it, because the car has been in the shop 16 times due to the transmission slipping and overheating. They replaced the transmission on 12/21/2011. It was ready 01/05/2012 so I picked it up, I returned it on 01/13/2012 for transmission fluid in engine coolant. Davis chevrolet is the crappiest dealer in Houston Texas: DON'T go there! Chevrolet needs to throw there plans for a 6 speed transmission in the trash and go back to a 5 speed. I believe a four cylinder should not be put in a SEDAN? What the heck are you thinking, between the combination it has been nothing but a HUGE disaster. I just got my car back on 01/28/2012 guess what came on today? THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT! OH GOODY. PLEASE read this and believe me when I say new MALIBU is a LEMON. We have filed a lemon law here in TEXAS. I want everyone to be warned and NOT buy this car until they change transmissions and engine size. DON'T buy chevy start shopping elsewhere. If your in Houston Davis Chevrolet is a joke, all they care about is your money. After that you are a nobody and they won't help you.

- , Tomball, TX, USA

Aug 032011

Malibu 2LT

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is to complain about a 2011 Chevy Malibu I recently purchased from Fitzgerald Auto Mall at the end of February 2011.

I have had this vehicle in to the service department twice now for a transmission problem. The original complaint was that third gear was slipping when shifting from second gear. It was returned to me and I was assured that the vehicle was running properly. I again brought the vehicle in for the same complaint this past Saturday (July 30,2011) and you have had it until today (August 3, 2011), and after multiple people drove it I was again assured that the vehicle was running properly.

I picked the vehicle up sometime around 3pm. At 5pm I drove it to Leesburg, VA and not only did the transmission slip going into third gear, but it also slipped going into second. I am beyond frustrated with this vehicle. This has happened numerous times and is not only dangerous, its completely unacceptable! I paid $26,000 for a vehicle that does not run properly!

I expected a much higher level of service from Chevrolet and Fitzgerald Auto Mall, and I am quite disappointed. I am leaving the vehicle in the customer parking spaces in front of the sales department. Either replace my transmission or give me a new vehicle. I refuse to spend any more time on this problem. As a loyal Chevy customer I deserve better. If you choose to replace the transmission, I will be in to pick up a loaner vehicle, preferably one that is the same size.

A copy of this letter will also go to Chevrolet GM headquarters and a complaint will be posted online.

- , Frederick, MD, USA