2011 Chevrolet Malibu wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu:

2011 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Aug 142016

The contact owned a 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. While driving 65 mph, the power steering malfunctioned and the contact lost control of the vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained fractured bones on her face and the passenger sustained minor contusions that required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was deemed destroyed. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the power steering axle and tires were defective. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 66,000.

- 329 E Meinecke Ave, WI, USA

Mar 192016

This past fall my low tire air light came on. I took my car into free tire service which is a reputable tire company. It is where I purchased my tires along with a tire protection plan. They said that my rims(which came stock on the car from the dealership) are corroding my tires and they could temporarily fix them with a sealant. They said the sealant could last for years or only a month; there was no way to know. A few months having the sealant put on (this past Saturday), I was on my way out of town to knoxville (a 2 hour drive from home) and my low tire air light came on while I was driving on the interstate. I had to pull over off the interstate and my tire was almost flat. Not only did this almost cause me to be late for an appointment, but it could have caused an accident. This time I thought I would reach out to the Chevrolet dealership and they told me the same thing about my rims. My father owns a 2009 Malibu and his tires are not corroding. I don't understand how a company changes there rims in 2 years. I think there should be a recall on this issue of the wheels. If this type of wheel is corroding, damaging tires then I could of had a blowout causing me to have an accident anytime. New tires will not solve this problem either. The tires I have on my car are still very good tires. So every time I put new tires on my car, this is going to be an issue. The only way to permanently solve this issue is to get new wheels according to the local Chevy dealer.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Mar 132016

I was going on a 3hr trip on a major highway, 40min into my ride my vehicle began to shake. As I continued to drive it began pulling to the right and shaking terribly. 40min from my final destination my car was shaking horribly and it felt like the steering wheel had no control of the tires. When the road reared to either the right or left I held onto the steering wheel very tight and it felt like the wheels were not turning in the direction that I was driving. I would drop my speed from 60mph to 40mph, which did not result in a change. I agree this should definitely be a recall, myself along with others could have been killed.

- Pine Hill, NJ, USA

Jun 222013

Malibu 4-cyl

On 6/22/13 at approx 1:40pm I was heading back to work from my lunch break and I was going through the intersection on my green light at approx 30mph when a big Chevy truck blew through the red light going approx 40 mph. I ended up T boning the cab of his truck. Causing me to do a 360. Tore off the bumper completely. My airbags did not deploy and onstar did not call me. Two important safety features of my car failed me! I thank god I am alive with no serious injuries! everyone who saw my car including the body shop are in complete shock of my air bags not deploying! I really would like to know the cause!

- Vista, CA, USA

Jan 242011

Malibu 4-cyl

Vehicle at highway speeds of 65 - 75 mph will experience a vibration that can be felt in the seats and in the steering wheel. Vibration will not go away and will worsen after a wheel balancing. Manufacturer has stated that the vibration is inherent in the vehicles design and they will not repair the vehicle. The vibration causes premature tire where that could lead to possible tire failure.

- Wickliffe, OH, USA