2012 Chevrolet Malibu wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Malibu:

2012 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jun 052016

Malibu

My car has been making a horrible sound for a couple months now and the last week it's gotten really loud when I go over 20 it sounds the worst of slow down I can't go over 40 without it sounding like it's taking off and my front end shakes like my tires gonna come off I replaced the breaks and it's still making the sound it's to the point I can't drive my car because I don't want it to die on me my battery has been dying a lot and my service ESC light comes on and goes off please can someone tell me why my car is doing this or an idea it sounds like an airplane that's the best way I can describe it and my right rear tire is always saying my tire is low I rotated my tires and it's still not reading it right there brand new tires to boot please please help

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jun 152015

Malibu

The vehicle was being driven at the speed limit when the tire popped. The impact was as much as a front end collision; the windshield cracked along with the passenger side of the bumper and the wheel was bent. A mechanic said that because the seat belts locked the impact was great enough where the airbags should have gone off, but they did not.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Apr 012015

Malibu 4-cyl

I have had two rim crack. This leads to air pressure loss. The tire store that I go. Les schwab said they have seen I already bought one new rim. Now I need another one. I asked the dealer and they said theyhave had a problem with these wheels. I don't believe them. I checked on the internet and several people have has the same problem.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Oct 132014

Malibu

Was driving in the rain, vehicle does not handle well in inclement weather. Has issue with braking, tires skid. When I hit the gas pedal after a stop, the tires skid.. recently has a alignment done, and the tires are in very good condition. Thought maybe that was the issue, I was wrong. Vehicle had recent inspection "brakes are in very good condition. Vehicle has had issues since purchase. My family and I were belted in as always, while driving the dash console light came on "service air bag" the light stayed on constant for approx. 30 min then went out. I have called the dealer and will have vehicle checked at appointment in 2 weeks.

- Tobyhanna, PA, USA

Dec 182013

Malibu 4-cyl

While driving out of parking garage going minimal speed, my right rear passenger wheel dislocated from my vehicle. After getting it to a Chevrolet dealership and further inspection, looks like the vehicle was originally assembled with only 2 of the needed 4 bolts attaching the wheel to the hub of the car. This caused strain to the 2 bolts and you can visibly see stress cracks on the hub where there were placed.

- Round Rock, TX, USA