2013 Chevrolet Malibu engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu:

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Dec 232015

Malibu 4-cyl

While driving home, I received a warning to service my battery charging system. Eventually, the battery saver was activated. I lost my power steering eventually and my car stopped running. I could jump the car to start but my car would die when put in gear. My vehicle has 51,000 miles and yet the drive belt broke. While repairing it, the technician discovered that the drive belt tensioner pulley was bad and needed replaced. My vehicle is not old enough nor with enough miles to warrant this part going bad. I had to pay a $700 repair bill because it is outside of the warranty.

- Farmland, IN, USA