2013 Chevrolet Malibu miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu:

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Oct 312016

Malibu

The heating system has an exhaust smell coming thru the vents when in use once car is warm. It seems to happen when the control setting is on panel. Doesn't seem to happen in defrost setting. Have to crack window to get fresh air when in use because it has caused my wife to get light headed while driving. I have had it into the local Chevy dealer twice to be told there is nothing wrong with it.

- Florence, MT, USA

Sep 202016

Malibu

When fan is on there is a loud knocking noise. Chevrolet dealership informed me that my air compressor is bad. This will also affect the ability to defrost the windshield.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Aug 082016

Malibu

Rear wheel bearings failed at 45000 miles. Humming sound from back of car gets louder as you increase speed. For someone who is deaf this could be disastorus. Many complaints on GM websites and the web regaudring this premature war of the ac delco wheel bearing hub..

- Shelburne, VT, USA

Jul 042016

Malibu

I have a Malibu eco boost. On June 23, 2015 I was driving on 96 and the charging system failure light came on the car began to shut down. The power steering went out. I was able to pull over on the shoulder but the keys could not be removed from the ignition. I had it towed to graff Chevrolet andthey said the only thing they could find wrong was a speedsensor. The guy tom said I could come get my vehicle at 8pm since thepart was enroute. I drove over 80 miles to get there AT8 and my car wasn't ready but the guy said I cold take it with me. I did not.they fixed that then said it was a right wheel hub.I know these two things havenothing to do with the charging system. Tookmy car home and the same thinghappened on the holiday July 4th.why didn't thecomputer or the mechanic detect a problem with the charging system.

- Williamston, MI, USA

Jan 042016

Malibu

Trunk lid opens at any time on it's own.

- Westmont, IL, USA

Apr 042016

Malibu

The chrome finish is peeling on the interior drivers side door handle. The chrome plastic is very sharp and causes cuts when opening the door.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Aug 292015

Malibu

On Saturday morning I was about to go to work I stared the the car as usual but when I got in the express way when I try and accelerate the it got hard and the car wanted to stop so I got out of the expressway and the malfunction indicator lamp show up. When I try and hit the gas again the car stop

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 012015

Malibu

Metal plating on the passenger door handle peeling off and is extremely sharp. Have had 2 people slice their hands/fingers on the door, resulting in a painful "paper-cut" like injury. Research on the internet suggests this has been an issue for GM vehicles in the past. Car is 2 years old and shouldn't be falling apart.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Apr 012013

Malibu 4-cyl

I bought a new 2013 Chevy Malibu in December, 2012. Since then, the car has been recalled four times for four different possible malfunctions. It is unconscionable that the car manufacturer would release a vehicle that was recalled no less than four times in little over two years due to their mistakes. What recourse does a consumer have for lost time from work, lost productivity, wasted hours and the inconvenience of shuttling the car to a repair shop four separate times" shouldn't Chevy be required to reimburse the consumer for these losses" when you spend upwards of $30,000 on a new product, it is not unreasonable to expect that you are purchasing a quality product that does not require four separate visits to the repair shop on top of regularly scheduled maintenance and oil changes.

- Towson, MD, USA

Jul 052013

Malibu

While driving the car, engine light came on, then the battery light came on. Took the car to dealer for repair on July 11 and was told it was the motor for the fan that cools the battery. Dealer repaired and returned to me on July 13. Noted cover on airbag on steering wheel is malaligned, which is a new problem. Traveled out of state with car and found cruise control and trip odometer no longer work (were fine prior to "repair"). after arriving out of state, the mylink computer failed to work then began to work about two hours later. Took car to dealer who refused to take it and told me to come back next week. Went to second dealer who has had car since July 16. Meanwhile, we discovered the car was under recall and dealer should not have sold prior to repair. This critical repair was not made at the first or second dealer. This is an inferior product, a vehicle with 668 actual miles should not have a fan motor problem. The gas cap does not click to close either. My car has been in a dealership garage more than I have actually gotten to drive it; my first payment is not even due yet! this car is a lemon, I feel cheated and misled by Chevy since they had the chance to fix it before they sold it to me. My family was in the car at the time of the fan motor issue, this could have been a significant accident. I am extremely disappointed in this vehicle and am afraid of further problems with it in the future.

- Indian Orchard , MA, USA