2014 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu:

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 182016

I have noticed that my car cuts off frequently at stop lights also my car accelerates slow when entering onto highway... I was in a car accident 7/18/16 in which my airbags on steering wheel partiallu deployed while the others did not in result leaving me with a fractured finger.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 042016

Stabilitrak® stability control system, anti lock brakes and wheel bearing. 2nd time I have had these lights come on, driving and tracking control kicked in and then the lights all appear. I paid to have it fixed, and they spliced into the wire, not covered under warranty according to care. Yet it is part of wiring harness.

- Flint, MI, USA

Jan 172016

While driving appx 70 mph on the freeway a "service stabiltrack, reduced engine performance" message came on. Immediately the car began a rapid deceleration until it came to a complete stop. Luckily we were barely able to safely move across 3 lanes of 70 mph traffic & onto the shoulder where we became stranded. After waiting about 10 min we were able to start the car and slowly make it about a mile to a freeway exit where the same event repeated itself except this time the car would not restart. This is the 2nd time we have experienced the same problem. A Chevy dealer had claimed to fix the problem about 3 weeks ago. We have been very fortunate to avoid an accident as the situation was similar to slamming on the brakes in the middle of the freeway and both occurrences resulted in us being at a dead stop in the middle of a road needing to push the vehicle to safety.

- Clinton, UT, USA

Sep 242015

While driving over 65 mph on the expressway, my vehicle began to vibrate heavily and then stopped accelerating. The engine cut off (auto start/ stop feature) and after a few seconds, came back on. I was able to get over to the shoulder, but the vehicle would not go over 10 mph. The car had to be towed to the dealership.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 032014

Malibu 4-cyl

This car has been damaged from the day we purchased it, we were finally told it was more than likely tied down too tight on the delivery truck. It has many issues such as the body doesn't line up, the electronics are bad and the care has shut down going down the freeway twice, the paint is dirty and peeling, the GM rep said there was nothing they can do to fix the vehicle but they will not stand behind it and refund my money or give me another new one.

- Des Moines, IA, USA