2014 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Malibu:

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Sep 192016

Malibu

The reason for this complaint is because I believe Chevrolet has defective ABS sensor embedded in the wheel hub of this vehicle. We purchased two of these Chevrolet Malibu cars a couple months apart and have experienced the same problem with each. One of our vehicles was out of warranty (VIN 1G11E5sl9ef253406) and repairs come at a cost of $450 plus per occurrence with under 65 housand miles. We have suffered the same failure twice with the out of warranty vehicle less than 2 months and 3 thousand miles apart. After doing minimal research and comments made by the mechanic at our small dealer I believe this is a much larger problem than a coincidence. People purchase these vehicles with the ABS - traction control and expect them to function properly without expensive repairs as regular maintenance. I believe this should be investigated further. As of today there are no recalls for this defect. I have opened a service request with GM 8-2656937595 this vehicle had a sensor failure which is embedded in the hub assembly. The sensor failure disables the ABS and traction control system of the vehicle. The entire hub assembly had to be replaced. This failure happened within the Chevrolet bumper to bumper warranty period consequently it was repaired under the manufacturer warranty.

- Kalispell, MT, USA

Jan 092017

Malibu

Since I have purchased this vehicle I have had issue after issue with trim, ABS, stability track, heating system, transmission, and wheel bearings. I have had the stability track fixed twice, transmission was leaking (covered under a recall). Wheel bearings in rear both sides have been replaced before 80000 miles. Wiring harness to wheels, the dealer ship had to splice ( I still cant see how wiring harness is not a covered component. For a manufacture based out of a state that has snow, and to provide a vehicle that has a stability sensor that gets dirty because of salt that will error is beyond my comprehension. Same for the default wheel bearings one winter in Michigan and they had to be replaced (also not a covered feature). Trim that blows off on the express way. I lost my window trim and the front black cover. Funny how the 2015 models have a screw in them but nothing for us poor 2014 owners that had an issue. I can purchase a new one at $60 (really its plastic). ABS comes on every time I have an issue with the stability track, which is every winter it gets dirty. Engine light on now so I cant auto start the car, more than likely that will be caused by the glamorous aux battery that was engineered for the lovey auto stop feature that I have no control over. Have appointment with dealership to be ripped off some more.

- Flint, MI, USA

Jul 182016

Malibu

I have noticed that my car cuts off frequently at stop lights also my car accelerates slow when entering onto highway... I was in a car accident 7/18/16 in which my airbags on steering wheel partiallu deployed while the others did not in result leaving me with a fractured finger.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 042016

Malibu

Stabilitrak® stability control system, anti lock brakes and wheel bearing. 2nd time I have had these lights come on, driving and tracking control kicked in and then the lights all appear. I paid to have it fixed, and they spliced into the wire, not covered under warranty according to care. Yet it is part of wiring harness.

- Flint, MI, USA

Jan 172016

Malibu

While driving appx 70 mph on the freeway a "service stabiltrack, reduced engine performance" message came on. Immediately the car began a rapid deceleration until it came to a complete stop. Luckily we were barely able to safely move across 3 lanes of 70 mph traffic & onto the shoulder where we became stranded. After waiting about 10 min we were able to start the car and slowly make it about a mile to a freeway exit where the same event repeated itself except this time the car would not restart. This is the 2nd time we have experienced the same problem. A Chevy dealer had claimed to fix the problem about 3 weeks ago. We have been very fortunate to avoid an accident as the situation was similar to slamming on the brakes in the middle of the freeway and both occurrences resulted in us being at a dead stop in the middle of a road needing to push the vehicle to safety.

- Clinton, UT, USA

Sep 242015

Malibu

While driving over 65 mph on the expressway, my vehicle began to vibrate heavily and then stopped accelerating. The engine cut off (auto start/ stop feature) and after a few seconds, came back on. I was able to get over to the shoulder, but the vehicle would not go over 10 mph. The car had to be towed to the dealership.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 032014

Malibu 4-cyl

This car has been damaged from the day we purchased it, we were finally told it was more than likely tied down too tight on the delivery truck. It has many issues such as the body doesn't line up, the electronics are bad and the care has shut down going down the freeway twice, the paint is dirty and peeling, the GM rep said there was nothing they can do to fix the vehicle but they will not stand behind it and refund my money or give me another new one.

- Des Moines, IA, USA