2015 Chevrolet Malibu brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu:

2015 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Sep 202016

"takata recall" during a side impact collison at 45mph, the side air bag did not deploy (no air bags deployed) and the stabilitrak was disabled. An error message of service stabilitrak appeared during the accident

- Versailles, KY, USA

Nov 052015

Bought 2013 Malibu March 2013 never had any problems with it until at about 34,000 miles. On my way to work stability control system light and (ABS) break light came on. After my shift at work, I started the light was not on. I thought just an error, may have reset it's self. At about 46,000 miles stability control system, (ABS) break lights are back on and will not go off. I am currently making an appointment with dealer to have it checked out.

- Salyersville, KY, USA

Nov 012014

I have been having numerous problems with a pause in the engine when I'm speeding up onto a highway or to pass on the highway. It's most dangerous when I enter the highway. The car instead of just speeding up has been known to pause.. and then speed up. This is very dangerous because it's hard to determine when the car is going to "pause". I was almost in an accident because I had enough time to enter the highway and the car decided to "pause " and then go but that slight pause effects the timing of entering traffic. Also, I am near a highway with a lot of construction. The roads become uneven in parts without warning. I have to keep both my hands tightly secured to the wheel or the car tries pulling you. For instance : I was driving straight and there was a slight change in uneven pavement and my car seemed like it was trying to even out the weight of the car and it tried pulling me left and when I went to straighten out my car become uncontrollable and thank god there wasn't somebody in the right lane because it pulled me all over the highway and I couldn't control it. To be honest I have had about 6 cars and never have I felt so unsafe. Also my car is an eco car- it turns off at lights.. sometimes it shakes when it turns bck on and also it lags to move once it does come back on. My dealership said they found a defect in it and GM will "find a solution in 45 days".. I haven't seen any other reviews about this?

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA