8.8

2015 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu:

2015 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jan 072017

Malibu

The car was stationaried, it was about 28 degrees outside. My car was on and off in between an 8 hour period. As I am a local driver for a company out of austin, tx. January 7th at about 12 midnight I started feeling nauseous, then it quickly went to cramps thinking I was hungry I tried to eat. Meanwhile I vaguely smelled something but couldn't make out the smell inside the vehicle. At about 2am I was really bad off with now a terrible headache that was beyond a normal headache. I kept working till 3 am Jan 8th. As I clocked out I was feeling distant and dizzy. I returned to the car and drove home with a foggy feeling. I barely made it up our 3 flights of stairs and stopped halfway. As I felt I wasn't getting enough oxygen. I came inside our home at 3:15. And at that time explained to my husband my symptoms I started breathing in and out as much possible enough air couldn't come quick enough. My body was tired I took meds for my head and dizzudly fell asleep. My husband informed me that he checked the car and under the hood he could smell an odor and upon checking he could hear a whizzing from the battery." The battery had been releasing fumes back into the car he said". which was causing me to inhale carbon monoxide poison. All the symptoms I was feeling checked out as I rested Sunday January 8th. He checked my oxygen levels as I was ok now! stating the obvious it could have been deadly I was very shaken and barely mentally there but didn't realize it. As this was more than traumatizing for me and our family we are now reaching out to inform and wait to see what are next steps are!

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 242014

Malibu

While driving thru houston, Texas on interstate 10 with heavy traffic the engine shut off, the analog instruments shut off, the center my link screen shut off and the digital readout alternated between mph and miles traveled readout. My wife was driving and attempted to restart the engine, no result. She shifted to neutral and it would not restart. We were able to coast thru several lanes of traffic and safely stop on the side of the road. The car was shifted to park and started. We traveled approximately 200 miles to our destination and two days later exchanged the car for another rental.

- Dunnellon, FL, USA