7.1

2016 Chevrolet Malibu seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu:

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Malibu

I have audio (hearing) of five warming bells for last couple of weeks while traveling in vehicle. I finally observed in ceiling of vehicle air bag warning for passenger seat indicating 'on 2' I observe audio of five bells every now and then while on road. I then observe 'on 2' indicator goes into off mode automatically. I do not know exactly when airbag passenger system reverts to off mode. I will take vehicle into authorized chev service center sometime this week as I am in warranty. I am not aware of any recall notice and vehicle has been in chev service center for oil change, tire rotation and vehicle safety check list about 30 days prior. I would hope their computer system is up to date on recalls. Also I am not aware if air bags are takema air bags?

- Sunrise, FL, USA