1. abs and traction light is always on (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Owner Comments

Jul 152009

Monte Carlo LS 3.2L V6

Another thing with this white Monte Carlo LS is the dash board lights are dim when I first start driving. Once one the road for awhile, the lights come on full force. When I have my lights on high beam, sometimes the entire headlights go off then I have to flip the high/low beam switch just to get the headlights back on. Really messed up! The ABS dummy light in continuously on and the Traction light remains on as well. This happened before and had the speed sensor replaced. The dealership charged me approx. $465. to replace it. Had the front wheel bearings replaced. That charge was over $200. My brother did that for me. That was back in spring '09. Now the same thing is happening. Is there an electrical issue that is making the speed sensor fail? Or do I need to replace the wheel bearings again???? Also, took notice to the cracking noise in the front end with the steering.

- , Lehighton, PA, USA

Aug 162008

Monte Carlo

My AC works intermittently. All dashboard light are on all the time. The car dings constantly, like when you leave the keys in the ignition and open the door.

- , Ashland, KY, USA