1. replace fuel tank cap (2 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Prizm engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Prizm:

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Owner Comments

Jan 142008

Prizm 3.2L

One mechanic said it was an air leak but couldn't find it. Another mechanic said it was the computer and would be $700 minimum to fix but couldn't guarantee anything.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 042007

Engine light continued to appear after replacing gas cap.

- , Catasauqua, PA, USA

Dec 182006

Prizm 1.8

The check engine light on my 1999 Chevrolet Prizm has been coming on periodically for the past 3-4 years. Everytime I take it into the Chevrolet dealership, they tell me the fuel tank cap needs to be replaced. They charge me 30-50 dollars every time. After about 6-8 months, the check engine light comes on again. I have to go in to get the fuel cap replaced again. I am getting pretty fustrated with this. I don't really understand why the cap needs to be replaced (it seems fine to me). And I REALLY don't understand why the problem keeps coming back.

- , Powder Springs, GA, USA