- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
1999 Chevrolet Prizm
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1999 Prizm Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 15
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Prizm Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Prizm compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Prizm overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Prizm.