1999 Chevrolet Prizm fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Prizm:

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Owner Comments

Jun 252010

Well I've had various problems with this car since I bought it at 130k 4 months ago and this is the latest problem. I was driving to work and I was almost there when all of a sudden I couldn't accelerate. I was forced to steer off the road with whatever forward movement I had. I had two men pull over to help me and they even couldn't get the car to work so they helped me push it all the way off the road, thank goodness. I get it towed to my mechanic and guess what, it works perfectly for him. Fortunately he believed and checked the whole car out for me with no results. Nothing wrong with the car at all.

If anyone has any idea at all please, please. let me know. I need to get this car passes for inspection but I'd rather not spend anymore money than I need to on existing problems if it's something like the transmission going or something else really expensive. I'd appreciate it if you could at least give a guess so I can have my mechanics check it out for me.

- , Elizabethtown, PA, USA