6.0

1. replace factory alternator (1 reports)
1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Feb 182007

S-10 Pickup LS 4.3L V6

Not a huge deal for anyone mechanically inclined. I know this happens on these engines all the time as my father used to own a 1996 GMC Jimmy with the same 4.3L V6, on which the alternator went just shy of 100,000 miles. Not too bad of a fix, took me about 15 minutes, and cost me $161.00 for an alternator at my local parts store. I work with cars, and I see this as one of the only major problems with these trucks. Like I said, not a huge deal, just a pain when you don't have much time to repair it.

- , Tewksbury, MA, USA