1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jul 152002

S-10 Pickup

When driving the truck, it shuts down during odd times. It doesnt shut down when the truck has been driven along time. It happens when the engine is cold and hot. When I mean shut down im referring to the whole truck turning off. The battery light comes on when shut down occurs. I had this vehicle to a chev dealer, the said it was a ignition module, I had it replaced. The same problem happened. I had it to another garage, they said it was a crack sensor, I had it replaced, its still happening. I had it to another garage, they said it was a ignition coil, I had it replaced, you guessed it, still shutting down. I sanked 300 hundred dollars on the so called professionals from Chevrolet. Im still having the problem. They are dumping parts in my truck and have no idea what it is. I bought this vehicle used and it still has low miles on it. There has to be a solution to my problem.

- Sarver, PA, USA

Nov 012000

S-10 Pickup

Engine misses often during acceleration and while using cruise control, consumer states problem is due to faulty ignition system.

- Janesville, WI, USA