1. rebuild transmission (2 reports)
1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jan 032007

S-10 Pickup

My Chevy S 10 had the transmission go out at 66,000 miles. The rebuild cost 2800 dollars which was covered by the extended warranty. I also know of two other Chevy S 10's that have had the transmissions go out at about the same mileage. The mechanics said that they are notorious for it. I wish I had know that before I bought the pickup.

- , Edmonds, WA, USA

Jul 042003

S-10 Pickup LX Flareside

At 55,000 miles we had to have a minor $600 repair to the transmission. The dealer told us we'd have to replace the whole thing, but AAMCO was able to use a proprietary fix-it for less. They showed us a long list of similar complaints on the S-10's. Now at 77,000 miles the entire transmission had to be rebuilt for $2000 at AAMCO. We also have a Cavalier, that at 96,000 miles has no transmission problems. I have sent correspondence to Chevy asking what they have done to improve their trucks and they have not replied.

- , Orlando, FL, USA