8.0

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2000 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Aug 112009

S-10 Pickup LS 2.2L

Brake lights wont shutoff, the hazards dont flash, the center mount brake light works when the brake is engaged. turn signals flash in front but not rear. Have looked at everything I can think of: i fix computers for a living but troubleshooting this has got me stumped. Only other problem with this truck was a bad alternater at 75000 miles.

- , Hillsboro, OR, USA

Jan 302009

S-10 Pickup LE 2.2L

Recently my brake lights would not turn off but I would have to hit the pedal and the lights would turn off but after a while the lights just stayed on. I replaced the break light switch but the lights are still on also when the switch was disconnected the lights were on. the only way to shut them off is to pull the fuse or disconnect the battery. This is very annoying and i need help so please email me at Justin989510@comcast.net please i need to fix this problem so i can get my truck inspected.

- , Bellingham, MA, USA

Jul 012008

S-10 Pickup SL 2.2L 4 cyl

The brake lights on my Chevy S-10 will not go off,I have replaced brake light switch on brake pedal,also replaced turn signal,hazard flasher,both are in same piece,and I replaced the combination signal flasher light unit under steering wheel.The only way to turn these off is to remove the brake light fuse or to unhook battery.Both brake and tail light filaments are on at the same time.Brake light on back of cab works ok.Both signal lights work,hazard lights on dashboard lights up but do not blink.When I unhook brake light switch on pedal the brake lights stays on.I have cleaned black ground wires on back of frame.I have traced other wiring back to lights.I have new tail light,signal light bulbs.This the first problem I have had with this truck,all help appreciated.

- , Republic, MO, USA