9.3

1. replace timing chain, tensioner, and gears (3 reports)
2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2001 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Jan 012012

S-10 Pickup 2.2L

i have owned my 2001 chevy s10 for 4 years. its a great little truck for my job which is delivering mail on a rural route. the biggest pain in the ass on this truck is the timing chain tensioner. i am get ready to replace the 5th one. i have gotten the tensioners from advanced auto, auto zone, napa, and the last one from the dealer ship. it runs great for about 3 to 4 months and what do you know. that aggravating clicking sound from under my hood comes to life. hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppppppppppppp.

- , Marietta, SC, USA

May 172007

S-10 Pickup LS 2.2L I4

After spending a good sum of money, I just hope it will come back to life, instead of driving my friend's truck that only goes into 2nd gear, and yes, it is an automatic, 4x4, 350 v-8 with over 330,000 miles on it (all original).

- , Carson, VA, USA

Jun 272006

S-10 Pickup

I had to change the timing chain, chain tensioner, and the gears because the chain tensioner went bad. I only have 66,000 miles and this should not be happening this soon which every mechanic I talked to agrees with me 150%

- , North Ridgeville, OH, USA