9.0

2. replace universal joints (1 reports)
2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup:

2003 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup Owner Comments

Feb 012010

S-10 Pickup LS V6

The vehicle has 2 drive shafts..The universal joints went out on the rear one..I took it to a drive shaft shop and they said this happens very often with this car..Both drive shafts have double universal joints..The mechanic said if i replaced them i would have the same problem again in a year so he suggested the make a totaly new drive shaft with single universal joints..Cost parts an dlabor was around $3oo..I didnt do the front drive shaft and now about a year later it seems to be doing the same thing. with the front drive shaft

- , Duluth, GA, USA

Nov 252003

S-10 Pickup Crew Cab

VIBRATION IN THE FRONT END @ 65+ THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG. I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK BECAUSE I HAD A 95 S-10 AND NEVER HAD ANYTHING GO WRONG WITH IT. I BOUGHT IT FROM THE SAME DEALER, WHO I WAS TOLD HAD A GOOD REPUTATION FOR THEIR SERVICE DEPT. (DOBLES CHEVROLET) SO FAR THEY HAD MY TRUCK IN THREE TIMES, FOR THE SAME PROBLEMI HAVE A REAL VIBRATION IN THE FRONTEND FIRST THEY SAID IT WAS A TIRE OUT OF ROUND, AND THEY WOULD ORDER ONE, AND I COULD COME BACK IN A FEW DAYS TWO WEEKS WENT BY FINALLY I GOT HOLD OF THE SERVICE MANAGER WHO TOLD ME THAT MY TIRE WAS IN LIKE THE BIGGEST PARTS DISTRIBUTOR IN THE NORHTESTERN UNITED STATES NEEDS TO ORDER PARTS! SO I DRIVE THE 25 MILES BACK TO GET MY NEW TIRE PROBLEM FIXED (WRONG!) SO NOW THEY WANTED ME LEAVE MY TRUCK OVERNIGHT. THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO AND THEY STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THEY KEEP ORDERING PARTS FROM, PROBABLY THEIR OWN PARTS DEPARTMENT AND CHARGING GM. THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A RENTAL CAR THAT THEY THINK I SHOULD BE ALL WARM & FUZZY AND HAPPY, BUT I AM NOT. I DON'T EVEN WANT THIS SHI-BOX BACK AND WHEN I GET IT BACK I WILL TAKE THE LOSS AND SELL IT OUTRIGHT AND GET A TOYOTA PICK-UP. NOW I KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THAT SLOGAN "LIKE A ROCK" SOMEBODY DROP A BIG ONE ON MY S-10 WHEN IT IS AT DOBLES CHEVROLET, MANCHESTER N. H.

- , Merrimack, N. H., USA