1. replace the gaskets (1 reports)
1996 Chevrolet Silverado cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Chevrolet Silverado:

1996 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 072011

Silverado WALDOC Conversion 5.7L

We've been driving GM cars and trucks in my family for over 70 years. I'm also, as my past relatives, impressed with the quality and how these vehicles hold their values. Now my problem. The last 5 GM cars and trucks have ALL had to have the intake gaskets replaced. I'm to the point when I look at my next purchase it will be from a different company if GENERAL MOTORS cant get rid of this problem and do something to make us feel like we will not have to have a spare car sitting around so we can still get to work when the gaskets blow out or start to leak on these vehicles because we know it WILL happen sooner or later. I've been stranded along busy freeways, on deserted township roads and have had to sometimes walk for miles to get a tow truck to come drag the darned thing home. Most of us nowadays with this crap economy go paycheck to paycheck to survive. Throw in a extra bill like this and it stresses family relationships to the breaking point. How does GM expect us to stay loyal to them? I want to hear from the top big wigs that don't give a crap about us because (It's not a safety issue) so they will not cover any of these malfunctions that they are VERY AWARE OF. How many customers are they losing every day for the same reason? My 96 Silverado still runs great at 269,000 miles but I had to change the gaskets on it as well. Happy as I am with my vehicles GM will NOT be on top ao the list when I purchase again. Too bad for them.

- , Mora, MN, USA