- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 6 days ago
- November 23: NHTSA Delays GM Takata Airbag Recall Deadline recalls | 12 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 31 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 33 days ago
- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 44 days ago
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
Worst 2009 Silverado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems50NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems18
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 16
- AC / heater problems4
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.