2009 Chevrolet Silverado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
Worst 2009 Silverado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems9
- AC / heater problems4
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.