- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 12 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 14 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 19 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 32 days ago
- March 26: GM Recalls Chevy Malibu To Replace Side Airbag Modules recalls | 35 days ago
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
Worst 2009 Silverado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems46NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems13
- AC / heater problems4
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.