- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
- May 20: GM Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles in Four Separate Recalls
- May 15: Troubled GM Recalls 2.7 Million Vehicles After Hundreds of Complaints
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
Worst 2009 Silverado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems8
- AC / heater problems3
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.