- December 20: General Motors Recalls 2017 Chevy Malibu Cars recalls | 33 days ago
- December 15: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed in Minnesota news | 38 days ago
- December 14: Chevy Sonic Gas Mileage Lawsuit Says MPG is Wrong news | 39 days ago
- December 11: GM Recalls Chevy Tahoe Police SUVs at Risk of Fires recalls | 42 days ago
- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 54 days ago
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
Worst 2009 Silverado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems51NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems18
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 16
- AC / heater problems4
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.