1998 Chevrolet Silverado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chevrolet Silverado:

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jan 042006

Silverado

My son just left for Iraq and now I have his pickup. Drove home from Wyoming, no problems. Drove down to Denver, about 60 miles round trip no problems. Drove about 2 miles, parked at the bank, NO REVERSE. Other son came and pushed me back away from the curb. He checked fluid level and it seemed okay. Able to drive home, tranny sluggish at one intersection other wise no other problems.. Parked the pickup on the street, tried again today, no reverse. Does go forward. Son who owns the pickup says he has never had a problem with the transmission. 4-wheel but transfer case is set at 2H. What would make a tranny go out without any previous problems.

I have previously had only bad luck with GMC (General Mess Corporation) vehicles. From a brand new lemon of a van the dealer never could fix so it would not stall out to a high mileage Blazer that had all sorts of problems. This is the first GMC vehicle I have ever had that the windshield wiper did not work at random whether turned on or off. I will admit I prefer a Fix Or Repair Daily. I don't care for a Cruddy Hunk of an Excuse for a Vehicle Yuck type.

- , Loiisville, CO, USA