6.7

2. replace intake manifold gasket (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado:

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Nov 162008

Silverado 1500 5.3L V8

About a week ago I had my truck fixed for the fuel pressure regulator going bad. Now I get this! The Service Engine soon light came on and since I don't have the ability to check my trucks computer on my own I had to take it to a shop. I was hoping it would come back as an oxygen sensor or something minor. Christ if I wasn't wrong! Turns out my intake manifold is warped due to Chevy's use of plastic for the manifolds material.(The intake manifold is warped and no longer seals with it's gasket) Apparently they have since redesigned them, However, this problem happens so far down the road that there's no way Chevy is going to do a damn thing about the cost for the repairs. Thanks to the company I used to work for shutting down the plant I used to work for I'm now going to school and have two kids and a wife to support, this is the last thing I need in my life!

- , Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA

Mar 272007

Silverado LX 5.3 L V8

Service Engine soon light stays on. EGR error on computer. EGR valve checks okay, replaced MAP sensor, had computer updated. Each time a different trip, get 1/2 mile from shop and light comes back on. In shop again, going through entire emissions system again.

- , Brunswick, OH, USA

Feb 062007

Silverado LX 5.3L V8

The problem started after a very cold morning, I was letting the truck idle for a while to get it warmed up, and the "service engine soon" light illuminated. After a fuel up, the light extinguished, soon it illuminated again, it repeats this for a month and now it's on all the time.

- , Yukon, OK, USA