1. fuel pressure regulator needed replacing (4 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Silverado fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado:

1999 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 022011

Silverado Extended Cab 4.8L V8

I recently had trouble starting my truck when it was warm. It would always eventually start but I had to pump the accelerator a few times or it would stall. The fuel pump was also noisy when I turned the key to the run position so I first thought it was the fuel pump for sure.

After reading the comments on this site I noticed similar complaints with the fuel pressure regulator so I thought I would try that first. Worked great! The truck starts perfectly and the fuel pump is not noisy anymore.

- , Bolton, MA, USA

Aug 152007

Silverado Z71 323

The repair was easy, the diagnosis was the toughest part....the new fuel regulator goes into the fuel rail and is retained by a plastic clip

- , Grand Junction, CO, USA

Dec 272008

Silverado 2500 6.0L

my truck was difficult to start when warm and sometimes stalled when slowing to a stop in idle. the dealer cleaned the throttle body which did not fix the problem. they next wanted to replace the fuel pump (~$900). after researching on line, i replaced the fuel pressure regulator for about $50 and the truck starts perfectly.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA

Oct 232008

Silverado 1500 5.3L V8

I had problems with the truck not wanting to start within about five to ten minutes after I had shut it off. I figured that with it's mileage it was probably the fuel pump, so I replaced it along with the wiring harness seeing as Chevy went from a square for wire hook up to a rectangular four wire hook-up. Still had the same problem three hundred dollars later. At this point there were so many things it could be I took it to a mechanic. They replaced the fuel pressure regulator and it's worked fine since then.

- , Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA