1. bumper to be replaced (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Silverado body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Nov 012009

Silverado Z71 5.3L

About 11/2 years ago I noticed a blister on the chrome of my rear bumper and thought it was some chrome coming of and did not pay much attention to it. Then this last summer I was washing the truck and noticed that the blister was very soft and it was completely rusted through the bumper, now the only thing that I can do is try to save up enough money and replace the bumper. It is a shame and a big disappointment that the truck I bought hoping that it would last me long enough to use with confidence in my retirement years, guess I was wrong. I have always taken pride in the way I took care of my vehicles. But I guess I should have bought Japanese back then too. Shame on you G.M.

- , Lafayette, IN, USA