6.0

2. drain and change fluid (1 reports)
  3. must replace transfer case (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Silverado drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Mar 112009

Silverado 1500 4.9L V8

I have discovered that it is a manufacture defect that should be recalled do to Transfer Case failure. There is a clip inside case that brakes and causes fluid pump to vibrate and wear hole in transfer case. I have patched hole three times and still wears through.

- , Myrtle Creek, OR, USA

Dec 152009

Silverado LS 6.0L V8

I'm also having troubles when I come to a quick stop the engine stumbles then dies, but starts up right away, so what the F@#K? I've changed plugs, type of gas and all filters, never has the check engine came on before stalling.

- , Byron, MN, USA

Nov 152007

Silverado LS 5.3lk\

I'd like to here from anyone who has had this same problem, or other problems with there 2000 Silverado 2500 LS.

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Oct 262006

Silverado LS 5.3

2000 5.3 4x4. there is a rattling noise coming from the transfer case on the 4 wheel drive part of the transmission. The dealer told me it was a heat shield. Well, i took a look at it when it was up on the lift (running) and did not see or hear a shield rattle. They looked at me like i had a protuberance sticking out of my fore-head. it also rattles while it is in 4 wheel drive. if anyone knows what this may be.... please tell me so i can piss off the dealer. lol. if anyone knows what this is caused by, please e-mail, thanx.

- , Pelham, NH, USA