2000 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems: leaking coolant, intake manifold gasket failure

Leaking Coolant, Intake Manifold Gasket Failure

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

7.5

$2,033.00

2. had to replace intake gasket (1 reports)
  3. had to replace the engine (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Aug 052010

Silverado Silverado 4.3L Vortec

GM engineering needs to make things right with people. The 3.4 I had in a van had the same problem 2 times. The truck I have has the same issue. Gm needs to get back to there roots with quality and long life.Plastic intake gaskets dont hold up.

- , Collinsville, OK, USA

Oct 072007

Silverado 1500 5.3L

Husband and I took a two hour trip and we got back into town and the motor was knocking. Got it into the shop on Monday and they checked the oil and anti-freeze was in the oil. Problem resulted in changing the engine. The truck was no longer under warranty so we had to cover the charges which was over $5000. Have had nothing but problems with this truck ever since. will never own another Chevy again.

- , Pocatello, ID, USA

Nov 292006

Silverado LT 4.3L V6

Smelled antifreeze and after having it checked out by my local shop found the intake manifold leaking water. He told me this was a common problem with this model truck and that GM replaces the gasket with a metal one but not under a recall.

- , Lake Charles, LA, USA

Jul 032006

Silverado 1500

I had a dealers mechanic tell me chevrolet has an on going problem with intake manifold gasket leaking. Why would they not fix the problem or issue a recall?

- , Kaufman, TX, USA