$1,500.00

1. rebuild transmission (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Silverado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado:

2000 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Feb 122009

Silverado LS 5.3L V8

I was backing up into my driveway and heard a bang. My truck immediately surged forward. I tried to back up again but it didn't work.

After doing research on www.fullsizechevy.com, I found out this is a common problem with the 4L60E transmission. It has an aluminum sun shell that will shear off and call for a transmission rebuild. I think GM finally did change to a steel sun shell later on but be aware if you're doing research before buying this transmission.

Some people have had their transmissions rebuild 2-3 times before a stell sun shell was available.

- , Stone Mountain, GA, USA