2003 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado:

2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Mar 272008

Silverado LS 4.8L V8

Truck started making a diesel engine sound. Took it to two independent mechanics who told me that they have seen the same things lately with lifter noises in other Chevrolet vehicles. Called Chevrolet to see if they could help me in any way. Chevy's suggestion was to get a diagnostics check at a dealership. I took my truck to a local dealership and the Service Manager told me exactly what the noise was and that a diagnostics check would not point my problem out. I then contacted Chevy back to tell them that I went by a dealership and what was discovered. I then got a phone call from someone at Chevrolet telling me that in so many words .... Sorry .... I think that a vehicle should last a lot longer, especially if all necessary maintenance is performed as religiously like I do. Anyone have a similar complaint or can be of any help please contact me

- , Port Allen, LA, USA

Dec 302006

Silverado 4.8L V8

There has been a rattle/clattering coming from inside of engine since I bought it new. I've complained, but was told that "It was normal". BULLSHIT!!!!!!! Chevy Trucks SUCK. I know, I own one. TOYOTA is about to kick the BIG-3's asses with their all-new pick-up trucks, (built in Texas) as they are known for quality. I have had MANY other problems with my SH*TTY CHEVY, Parking Brake, Tail Gate Support Cables, Door Hinge, Hub Bearings, Anti-Lock Brake Sensor, and to top it off, my FRONT MAIN SEAL is leaking. I've only put 43,000 miles on it and have maintained it (religiously) myself. YEAH I'M PISSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Houston, TX, USA