4.0

1. it quit after 4 months of cold weather, 3 oil chgs (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Dec 012007

Silverado LS 4.8L V8

In Alabama, it doesn't really get cool until December. This truck was purchased new and never dogged or mistreated. I have a 70 mile each way commute to work. So all are commute miles. It has never used a drop of oil and I change it every 3,000 miles (about once a month). When it started getting cold at night, I started noticing a huge puff of blueish spoke when starting up after setting for a few hours. It would do this about half the time. It never smokes when driving. From that time forward each month, when I went in for an oil/filter change, I was about 2 quarts low. It did this for about 3 or 4 oil changes. Then it started warming up and I noticed that the blue smoke stopped appearing at start up. My last oil change was filled up to the brim. No more usage. From reading on the internet, I sincerely believe it had something to do with the PVC valve, even though it corrected itself when the weather warmed up. Go Figure. I need to unload this thing before next winter....

- , Dothan, AL, USA