5.0

2004 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Nov 062007

Silverado 3500 6.0L V8

THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR SUPPORTING MY WIFES JOB. SHE BUILDS THESE AT THE FLINT, MI PLANT. AT 24000 MILES THE TRUCK BECAME A DIESEL WITH ALL THE TICKING NOISE FROM PISTON SLAP. I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY SAID THERE IS NO NOISE. SOMEONE IS CRAZY HERE! AT THE SAME TIME THEY DID FIND BROKEN MANIFOLD BOLTS , A LEAKING OIL COOLER LINE AND TWO BAD SOLENOIDS FOR THE HEATER/AIR CONDITIONING. NOW THAT MY WARRANTY IS UP(38000) THE SAME OIL COOLER LINE IS LEAKING OIL ALL OVER THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, MY SPEEDO GAUGE FLICKERS + - 5 MILES PER HOUR AND THE TRUCK RUNS LIKE CRAP. THE TICKING NOISE HAS GOTTEN WORSE AND THE TRUCK DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME POWER. IM ONLY GETTING 8 MILE TO A GALLON. THIS IS A REAL SHAME. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A CHEVY TRUCK OWNER. AND NOW, IM CONSIDERING TO BUY A TUNDRA. WAKE UP GM, YOUR QUALITY IS GOING TO BURN YOU. YOU ARE ALREADY GIVING YOURSELVES A BAD NAME. FIX YOUR CUSTOMERS TRUCKS! THERE IS A PISTON SLAP WEBSITE THAT HAS AN AUDIO FILE TO PLAY THE PISTON SLAP NOISE. I THINK IT WAS CALLED PISTONSLAP.COM

- , Oxford, MI, USA

Jul 202007

Silverado

I've had this engine tick from day one. I hate it! The dealership tells me its normal. My son's didn't do that, my boyfriends doesn't do that. Why does mine! This is not normal, but the dealership says it is so they won't fix it! They don't want to bother finding out "what makes the tick" or "it tick". You've always have to stomp on my brakes to stop!

- , Cleveland, OH, USA