7.5

$1,200.00

2. dealer reprogrammed the tranny (1 reports)
  3. replace torque converter & other internal parts (1 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado:

2004 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Feb 062015

Silverado Z71 Stepside V8

I was driving my 04 Chevy Z71 Step side, when I went from a stop to around 25 mph. The transmission went into a neutral gear, causing the engine to rev up to 3500 rpm and then engaging the transmission. I have 56,000 miles on my truck. It is in great condition, well maintained. It was 10 degrees out yesterday.I was able to return home and parked it.

- , East Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Jun 182011

Silverado V8

This Truck is horrible. 80,230 I had the transmission lines replaced. At 86,000 I had the transmission cooling pump replaced. At 90,400 I need a new transmission. I have no third gear?! I have had 6 Chevys in my life and NEVER again will I own a Chevy. GREAT JOB GM!!!!

Update from Jun 28, 2011: United car care does not want to pay for the repairs. Still waiting and waiting

- , Central Square, NY, USA

Apr 142010

Silverado 5.0L

Transmission started slipping to the point where I couldn't get to highway speeds. Dealership said it was out of warranty so I took it to a local place. Paid $1200 and the slipping was fixed but then sometime later it turned into a hard shift problem after getting off the freeway. The latter problem still exists and I'm looking for similar stories to get some Idea what it might be before I take it back to the transmission shop again. (this is 1 of 2 very costly problems with this truck that happened just outside of warranty - truck was not abused and the transmission problem began at 60k miles).

- , Little Rock, AR, USA

Nov 232008

Silverado 5.3L

when leaving a stop light I would hit the gas and nothing would happen, then the tranny would slam into gear and I'd take off, the dealer reprogrammed it and its been fine ever since.

- , tacoma, wa, USA