8.4

$2,871.00

1. replaced transmission (8 reports)
  2. complete transmission rebuild (1 reports)
2006 Chevrolet Silverado transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Apr 052012

Silverado LS 5.3L

A cable from fire to transmission shorted out burning module and costing $7,000 to fix.No warranty to cover any cost,no fault of mine,no codes,no warning,these truck are a peace of crap!Must replace whole transmission.

- , Princeton, IN, USA

Nov 142009

Silverado LT2 5.3L

Since this was the second transmission failure we opted for the remanufactured transmission and a 100,000 mile warranty. The first failure occurred at 33,000 miles and warranty covered a rebuild.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA

Apr 092007

Silverado LT2 5.3L

At 33,000 mile the transmission was shuttering badly, the solution was a rebuild under warranty. At 77,000 miles I had a complete transmission failure and lost everything but 1st & 2nd gear, guess the rebuild was temporary. The second time we went with a remanufactured. so far so good.

- , Knoxville, TN, USA

Sep 192007

Silverado Hybrid 1500 LT 4.5L V8

Hello -

I am a Chevy Hybrid owner, and I am trying to get in contact with other 2006 Chevy Silverado hybrid owners. THIS IS NOT A SCAM!!! Please, get in contact with me if you are having trouble with your hybrid Silverado and want to be part of a lawsuit against GM/CHEVY.

In short I have had my transmission replaced times and the third time my vehicle almost caught on fire.

Now I would like for owners to get in contact with me if their vehicle:

1. Has had the transmission changed multiple times. 2. Had the transmission changed with low mileage. 3. Had leaking radiator fluid into the transmission. 4. Vehicle almost caught on fire. 5. Vehicle did catch on fire because of laking oil.

My contact information is olaria01@comcat.net. I will contact you ASAP. Again THIS IS NOT A SCAM and I would like for anyone with a silverado hybrid to get in contact with me from any part of the country.

- , Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Jun 092009

Silverado 5.3L

I have a '06 silverado hybrid and i tow a 24' travel trailer 5 times a year and a small utility trailer seldomly which both are under the weight set by the dealer, heading to the store without towing anything for the last 1000 miles slowly accelerating from a stop the transmission made a loud clunk and getting to 55mph later that day transmission hot showed up on the instrument panel, dealer jerked me around for a week due to them having to wait for an adjuster to see if it was bad enough to pull out of the truck, (mind you it was redlining in 3rd and 4th gear before shifting. i had to wait a total of 3 1/2 weeks of going back and forth until they finally decided to give me a brand new transmission.

- , Orchard Park, NY, USA

Aug 082009

Silverado LS 5.3L

I bought this truck new in 2006. I take care of my car, and have since I was 16 years old. I do not tow with this truck, and the only thing I might haul in it is some bark for the planters. How can a transmission only last 46,000 miles. Will I buy another american car, that would be a NO!!!

- , Boise, Idaho, USA

Jun 012009

Silverado 1500 V8

This vehicle was bought brand new. This vehicle pulled one load,

a boat, 10 miles. Not one more load was ever hauled. The owner had regular servicing according to warranty stipulations. There was no early warning signs, just failure in 2nd and 4th gears 10 minutes following a hot transmission light, and 2000 miles past warranty. The dealer ended being the mechanic and said it had to be from hauling loads incorrectly. 3400 bucks+, how long will this one last

- , Davenport, WA, USA

Feb 152009

Silverado LS 5.3L

I was pulling out of a gas station and all the sudden the transmission dropped. No warning, no nothing. All I had left was reverse and first gear. First gear had a horrible squealing noise and it had to be towed to the shop. It was pulling f*cking teeth to get them to give me a loaner. GM told me to go through Enterprise Rental Car and I am currently waiting on reimbursement. On the plus side, GM corporate gave me a 200 dollar certificate for any future work on my truck. F*cking piece of sh*t dropped with 30,000 miles. Guess what? I got the truck back, still slips like a bitch in 3rd gear.

- , Mexico, Missouri, USA

Nov 092008

Silverado W/T 4.3L V6

Everyone in my family drives GM/Chevrolet Trucks. My first truck was a 1990 Chevrolet Silverado, which I drove 202000 miles before having to rebuild the transmission. At this point, 202000 miles, I decided it would be in my best interest to trade in and get a brand new Chevy. I ended up getting a brand new Silverado with 10 miles on it. At first it seemed like a beautiful truck, drove very nice, run beautifully, then the problems started after only 10K miles. Had to take back to the dealer for problems with the brakes and rotors. They said they fixed everything and it was good for maybe another 1000 miles, then back again to the dealer. I had more brake and rotor problems, and some airbag module needed replaced. So far my new investment has been nothing but headaches, but the best is yet to come. When my truck reached 35K miles I took it in to have everything checked out before the 36K Warranty run out. Well they said everything was fine don't worry. BS!!! Now that my truck has reached 61K miles the transmission completely failed! No reverse, no drive, just grinding and slipping. Now im expected to pay to have this fixed and GM wants nothing to do with me. I've done everything my trucks ever needed! I treated it like my baby, no towing, no spinnin the tires, no revving the engine, nothing! My 1990 Chevy needed nothing for 200K miles except a new alternator and new battery, and at 202K it needed a new transmission. I will never buy another new GM/Chevy product again, they have turned me away. They just dont make them like they use to! Now they want u fixing stuff every 10K it seems like. And for the transmission to completely fail at 61K thats F`ing BS.

- , Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Feb 272008

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L V8

I cannot believe the transmission failed on a truck with only 60,000 miles on it. My mechanic said he's seen a lot of transmission problems with Silverado's. The sun gear failed which put some metal in the transmission fluid as well. The brakes are a little suspect and the factory tires just sucked. I have been using Michelin's and have been very satisfied with the ride.

- , Norcross, GA, USA