- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 22,904 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)