CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.

A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.

The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.

1. replace engine (1 reports)
2009 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado:

2009 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Jul 222011

Silverado LT 5.3L

I bought this truck new and within weeks I new there was a problem I had owned a dozen Chevy GMC Trucks for the last 30 years. Each one lasted over 200,000 miles and my 1999 is at 296,000 and still going strong. I knew this one was not going to make it even close, the engine could not keep a constant rpm. I called and complained many times and they found nothing. The rear end had to be fixed and rebuilt the first year. I have made many trips to the dealer about the stabilitrack light coming on and off, the 4 wheel drive not disengaging and the light staying on that says "service stabitrack." The rpm problem never was fixed. The rocker arms started ticking and on the way to the dealer blew up and seized.The engine has been replaced 7 days ago now the LEMON is back in the shop. The rocker arms or lifters are banging on this engine and I asked about the warranty on this engine. What a joke! It only goes for the next 20,000 miles till the truck reaches its 100,000 miles. Well, a "for sale" sign goes in this truck as soon as it gets out of the shop and even though my backside (for over 37 years and more than 10 GM products) has never, ever sat behind anything but the wheel of a Chevy or GMC truck, it never will again, I'll sell this one and take away a new car sale from Chevy and find me a FOREIGN TRUCK and plant my backside on a truck made to last. I have no problem with the dealer; they can't help it, CHEVY built the product. They have these loyalty signs all over the dealerships , right, loyalty has no rewards in my opinion.The truck is in the shop and now being looked at, PUT ANOTHER ENGINE IN IT CHEVY, this one is trash also.

- , Marlette, MI, USA