- February 28: Chevy Impala Recalled To Fix Brakes With Minds of Their Own
- February 14: GM Expands Power Steering Recall in Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6
- February 5: Chevy Volt Liftgate Strut Rod Problems Will Be Repaired
- February 3: Chevy Corvette Recalled To Repair Rear Suspension Problems
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 79,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (1 reports)