8.0

2010 Chevrolet Silverado engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Silverado:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Comments

Oct 032011

Silverado LT 5.3L V8

At 33890 miles this truck started using oil. The dealer where I purchased the truck has performed all of the required maintenance. The truck is using up to 2 quarts of oil in between oil changes. I have the oil changed every 5000 miles and I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. The dealer has performed the recommended fix under TSB01-06-01-011G. Per the TSB the accepted rate of oil consumption is 1 quart in 2000 miles. I do not use the vechile for a business, only personal use and most of the mileage is on the road. I do not tow a trailer or carry excessive loads in the truck . THE TRUCK FOULED A PLUG AT 46506 MILES. I have contacted GM Customer Relations and they are standing on the TSB that 1 quart every 2000 miles is acceptable and I do not have a problem. I feel that using this much oil is a problem. This has really turned me against buying another Chevrolet. I have owned Chevys in the past and had no problems. Maybe "Government Motors" GM has a problem with this engine ? Does anyone recommend a further course of action ?

- , North Charleston, SC, USA