2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Feb 272009

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Heater fan would not work some times. Smell electrical burning. Replaced a melted connector & resistor. Parts not available.

- Waupun, WI, USA

Jun 012008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My heater was going on and off and now it just doesn't work. My brake lights don't work all the time and my dash board lights work about 75 percent of the time. I have not went and had any repairs done yet because this is something that Chevy should have to pay for not me and I will not pay for it and now its documented that I have a complaint and my lawyer will know this is documented so if something happens you will be sued. Thanks for your time.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Sep 232008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Bought it new, replaced battery in 6 months, have replaced headlights and back lights twice, the truck shimmies while braking, engine light keeps coming on, engine heats up while idling, shall I continue? I have purchased GMC prior to this Chevrolet. I do like the product but GMC has incredible customer service for these types of problems. Chevrolet will not provide you with a loaner and can never duplicate the problem. I hope the truck lasts until my last payment.

- Elkview, WV, USA

Mar 052008

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 6-cyl

Air conditioning fan control melted, while I was driving there was a strong electrical fire odor. I turned off my fan and when I returned home I found that the fan resistor GM part# 89019088 and the connector GM part# 15862656 had melted. Bare wires were visible and the pins in the connector were touching. Initially before this occurrence the fan had stopped working at the highest speed then the next lowest speed and finally started to burn up. This is definitely a safety issue for someone who may not be familiar with the odor of burning of an electrical nature. I did replace the resistor at a cost of $55 and now need to get the connector which is at a ridiculous cost of $95. I did some research and found that numerous people had the same issue. I would think GM knows about this since they are probably selling quite a few of these items. One of the parts counter person's I spoke with knew about this issue.

- Riverside, CA, USA

May 012006

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that the vehicle fails to start properly and rolls uncontrollably. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of failure. The current mileage is 1,800 and the failure mileage was unknown.

- Huntsville, AL, USA