2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Mar 122016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Crack in the dash at the corner of airbag and another at the steering concole

- Melrose, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My dashboard has cracked around the passenger airbag and several other cracks have formed.

- Morton, MS, USA

Sep 122016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash is cracking near the air bag. There is a concern of a safety hazard and there is a known issue of faulty dash.

- Clyo, GA, USA

May 052016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash cracked at right upper corner by passenger airbag which could possibly rip air bag upon deployment

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Aug 232016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash in my 2012 Silverado truck has cracked on it's own in front of the passenger side airbag. This is a known defect to consumers(just do a google search) with a safety concern that if the air is deployed, the cracked plastic could get blown off and become a deadly projectile.there is no aspect of this that can or should be considered safe.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 242016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash has a crack above the passenger side airbag. The crack is completely through the entire piece of plastic so it makes me concerned to drive the vehicle if it were involved in an accident I am not certain that there wouldn't be plastic flying throughout the cab of the truck. The truck has just over 60000 miles and we were told it is out of warranty therefore the estimate to repair is $1004

- La Mirada, CA, USA

Jul 142016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I noticed yesterday that the service air bag warning came on. Didn't think anything of it. Got in there this morning 7/15 and was driving down the road and it did it again. This time all of the electrical went out for a minute including the speedometer. Couldnt even turn my ac on or off. Called the dealership we got it from and they told me I was looking at a 2 week wait but I could drop it off on 7/18 and they would get to it.

- Point Blank, TX, USA

Jun 172016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Cracks in dashboard around air bag.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

May 162016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid 8-cyl

The contact owned a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The contact stated that the front driver and curtain air bags abruptly deployed while driving 55 to 60 mph in rainy weather. The contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into the median. The contact suffered injuries to his knees, elbow and ribs, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was invalid. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000. Updated 08/02/16 updated 08/09/16.

- Crosby, TX, USA

Jun 102016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Passenger air bag sensor developed a short with the connection.

- Red Oak, TX, USA

Jan 152016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Developed crack on dash where airbag is on passenger side, crack is about 6 inches long, will this effect airbag deployment?

- Okc, OK, USA

Feb 152016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

"takata recall", I have a crack in my dash that is located right next to passenger side airbag. This is a safety hazard because my dash will continue to crack that will cause my passenger side airbag to fail when it will be needed to protect passengers that ride in my vehicle. I have done a lot of research on this topic and General Motors knows that this is happening and they won't do nothing to fix it. My vehicle was stationary in my driveway when I heard a loud pop noise which I notice that my dash had cracked.

- Greenbrier, AR, USA

Mar 132016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Front side airbag sensor went bad

- Madison Hgts, MI, USA

Dec 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that when the vehicle drove over rough patches in road, the service air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be clean off and reinstalled. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 46,000. Updated 05/20/16

- Black Earth, WI, USA

Feb 022016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the air bag impact sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000.

- Grafton, OH, USA

May 192014

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash is cracked around the air bag area concerned this might affect the air bag deployment. Even though GM states it will not affect it, the crack is in a corner of the deployment zone. The dash is also cracked in a area above the gauges. Everyone I know that has this make and model has the same problem. A person I know has about 20,000 miles on the vehicle and is already cracked as well.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jan 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

There's cracks surrounding my passenger airbag in my 2012 Silverado. These cracks are not only a manufacturer defect in design but are also a safety concern regarding the air bag deployment. Research has shown this is an issue that many others are having too with this model truck/SUV.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Nov 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash is cracked by the air bag housing the door handles are discolored and the exhaust system is also discolored.

- Dexter, NM, USA

May 012015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Cracks in the dash at the airbag may become projectiles.

- Fruitland Park, FL, USA

Sep 302015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Recently I was involved in an accident that was a direct impact. At the time of this accident the seat belt did not lock nor did the air bags deploy. The speed from this accident was between 50-55 mph on the highway. At the rate of speed I was going before the accident and the fact that I had to slam on the breaks to begin slowing down one would have thought the seat belt would have locked but it did not and at the point of impact I was very surprised that the airbags did not deploy but yet the system indicated that it did and needed to be reset. However now that the vehicle is in process of being repaired I am being told that the entire airbag system has to be replaced along with the driver seat belt.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA